Sunday, June 11, 2006

Taking it on the chin - literally




Got back from Valencia on Friday, felt a it drained after travelling.
picture the scene - Aeroplane journey out - what do we hear all the way? waaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaah! - woman with too many kids letting her little angel scream it's heart out for two hours. Same on the way back. It does occur to me that with the advent of low cost air travel, that people who wouldn't have gone out of the country a few years ago are now besmirching the name of the UK abroad. Fucking chavs. grr.

anyway, got back and played a bit of cricket on saturday due to my team being a bit short. This is what happened......................
bowled for ten overs and took two wickets for 60, then batted and scored 51. good day but the best is yet to come. This happened just before my fifty. Top edge off my bat and smack in the chin. it still hurts today.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mosher said...

Cricket. Mug's game. Get yerself some footie boots!

6/12/2006 6:35 AM  
Blogger damo said...

I've got boots - i'll injure myself more if I play that game.

6/12/2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger joedix said...

Should have ducked.

6/14/2006 1:35 AM  
Blogger joedix said...

please write about something cheerful, happy eyes. x

6/14/2006 1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OW!!

6/19/2006 12:09 AM  
Blogger damo said...

yes - I loved the pain. It's was only afterwards that I was reminded by Mr.LargeWill that i said "i am not going to need to wear a helmet today".
arse.

6/20/2006 5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home