Monday, February 25, 2008

Dating

Internet dating.
Bad Idea?
I have been toying with the idea of using the Guardian dating website. Dunno if it's a good idea or not - I am generally having no luck with women - the resultant dry spell is currently in size and dryness around the size of the Gobi desert.

What's cuurently cocking up my social life is that I am still not over the death of somebody who was very close to me many years ago. I am still having thoughts about the fact that if we'd married then She wouldn't have died - stupid I know.

If I am honest, i'd rather not date as I feel really overweight at the mo - need to lose some weight before I feel comfortable again.

anyhoo - had a day off to attempt to get a new job - back to work tomorrow.

bye

p.s - For those of you who are afficianados of Barbeque Sauce - try the following Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce - ohh god - sweet nectar of the gods.

pps. thanks Mosh - Currently listening to Fury of the storm by Dragonforce - fuckin' awesome man.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Mosher said...

I met one of my now-ex's via an internet dating site of sorts. She's still someone I'm glad to know and we went out for almost 2 (mostly hugely enjoyable) years. So it's not a bad thing per se.

However... using the Guardian one? Surely you can pick someone who can spell?

2/25/2008 4:43 PM  
Blogger Mosher said...

Oh, as regards holding on to thoughts of someone else - I *still* have issues with the lying, cheating ex (who recently got in touch to try and convince me she'd neither lied nor cheated - she failed). These thoughts cause me problems, even though I *am* in a relationship with a very wonderful, lovely person who I care about deeply.

Different details, but same problem I feel - you're not over one person enough to think you can give another the emotional attention they deserve. Fair call, fella and only something you can know. But you won't know till you try. Maybe there's someone out there who'll convince you to move on mentally and emotionally.

2/25/2008 4:45 PM  
Blogger damo said...

The story is a long one - said dead lady was my fiance - waaay back over 10 years ago. She fucked off abroad. I was in a shit state, lost job and moved to Cambridge (change of scenery). She used to call me every so often to let me know about how whe was doing. After a while I found out the reason she left was she got pregnant - got freaked and went abroad and terminated our unborn baby. Anyhoo, many years pass and she dies and there are two ways of looking at this.
1 - She can't screw with my head anymore.
2 - She is still screwing with my head as I keep feeling an obscure sense of guilt about her death.


there - not too fucked up at all.

2/25/2008 7:43 PM  
Blogger Mosher said...

Erm. Hmm. No. Not fucked up in the slightest.

I'd say to just go out there and try to find someone new. Chances of finding another one who'd do a runner like that are slim. As for her carking it abroad - I don't see how that can be your fault when she ran of her own free will.

*shrugs* Go have a beer :)

2/25/2008 7:48 PM  
Blogger damo said...

Thanks Dude - I still have the guilt, but am presently tucking into a Bacon sandwich (covered in JD BBQ Sauce) and a bottle of Cobra.
nice.

2/25/2008 8:22 PM  
Blogger Mosher said...

Sacrilege. Get some proper HP on that butty!

2/25/2008 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home