Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday missives

Well, it's monday lunchtime and the usual slew of guff in my head won't go away - so have some comment on todays issues.
1 - The Diana Inquest - Well today is the day that Mohammed Fayed (i refuse to call him al-fayed - his name is fayed - he does not have royal blood) had his go in court. So far he has said that Diana was pregnant, prince Phillip is a Nazi and a few other choice insults. Here is my take on this.
It's been 10 years you clowns. She died because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Case closed. Stop wasting public money on a pointless inquest into her death.

2 -Famous Statues. The unadorned 4th plinth in Trafalgar square has come up again - Anthony Gormley wants to put a different art installation every day - here's an idea - why don't they put somebody in the plinth who is famous for doing well for Britain - how about Shakespeare?

3 - Saw Sweeney Todd on saturday - I was well surprised with the amount of blood on show - but I did enjoy it.

4 - The new Rambo movie - Just out of interest, will they put something over the closing credits to dedicate the film to the brave freedom fighters in Burma? just like they did with Afghanistan in Rambo 3.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mosher said...

1) Couldn't agree more. Just another overpaid, under-talented, born-to-be-rich fecker who happened to die in a car crash. Frankly, I couldn't care if it was a joint plot between the SAS, FBI, Eta and Hamas.

2) Shakespeare would be best forgotten. I've still not forgiven him for the twaddle I was forced to read in school for 2 terms. Garbage.

3) It has singing in it. If they release a non-singy version I could be tempted.

4) I've got it as a screener I downloaded. Gimme 2 mins... Nope. not as far as I could spot. 10 mins of titles at the end, though. Yeesh.

2/18/2008 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home