Sunday, September 10, 2006

End of Season = Happines & Sadness

It's the end of the cricket season and I am feeling a bit down about the fact that I will not be playing until next May. But, It's been a good season for me, even though my team got Relegated. 250 runs plus. No competitive ducks, no GD's. I feel quite decent. The knee injury I sustained in January has actually done me the world of good in the fact that I played a couple of divisions down for our 4ths and scored well then. Prepared me for when I've played back for the threes. Not sure I'll actually get to play for the twos as the skipper doesn't rate me as a batsman. Still, it's been fun. I've got some photos which i am posting to show what a fat bastard I have been this year due to not having any exercise. This will change. I am going to lose the gut over the winter, and after the end of February 2007 I should be able to get back to gymming and other stuff.

January 2nd 2007 is the date that has been set for my arthroscopy. I am being whisked to the hospital nearby for day surgery. Get home, have a couple of days to recuperate (I had booked the time off anyway) and back to work. 1.5 months rest, recuperation and physio and I should get back to my old self. In the mean time it's on with the swimming 3 times a week before work at Parkside and some upper body free weights stuff. Bring on the demise of the ginormous gut!
I'll be posting some photos of me in action, just as soon as I either get the bandwidth to actually post these, which going by current trends is around 4am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home