Monday, August 28, 2006

Oh yeah!



Friday I buggered my knee up in the office (more on this later, but I am due to see the surgeon in a couple of weeks time), but my managers in a twist on a theme sent everybody home early due to the amount of work we'd done this week. Nice.
Friday night picked up cousin Dylan from Cambridge station after his extended sojourn in Polski. Went for a beer in a nice pub which turned out to be very busy so we went to the chav pub down the road. Got to say that friday was the first time in ages that I've been in a pub late and the workers just turned off the lights to make us leave. Good customer service;-)

Saturday rolls around and I go shopping for some new sporting equipment, and was shocked to pay £50 for a rugby shirt. Bought a Falcons shirt anyway.

Saturday afternoon comes along and my knee is good enough for me to attempt to play cricket (I say attempt as I am not the most athletic of cricketers).

anyway, turned up in Soham and batted first. Dyl was still around so he watched us play. I think he was suprised by the amount of banter from us lot. still I batted at 6 and scored 31 not out.

This means that I have beaten my highest season's runs scored for any season for NCI. I scored 192 in my first year in the bottom division, scored not many the next year and around 80 last year.
this year i've scored 218 runs at an average of around 27 (i think) - I'll have to check the stats later.
Earlier Post on my cricketing nightmare

I am a happy bunny this weekend *grin*.

photos to come soon - there are even some action shots!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mosher said...

Not related to your page as such, but when I was in Darwin the other day I saw a number plate: DAMO1. Sorry, I didn't have my camera with me!

9/01/2006 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home