Friday, December 05, 2008

High-level Geekery

Oh my god.
for the nerd/geek among us (alright, me) there are two major things going to enter my life in 2009.
First one is the Watchmen movie. The webisodes and the trailer look amazing and remarkably true to the source material. From a personal point of view I am looking forward to the Dr. Manhattan character - the only "super" in the book and pretty much my favourite comic character ever.

second is the new Star Trek movie - I hate to say it - it looks immense. Simon Pegg is in it as Scotty and it looks all tech'd up and shiny. I know I am a huge trek nerd - but I really am looking forward to this.

anyhoo - weekend is here.
going to relax with my new shiny toy. bring on the fun

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mosher said...

It's an odd-numbered Trek so it'll be shit. At least so the theory goes.

As for Watchmen, I've heard rumours that the ending may be changed from the original...

12/06/2008 3:11 PM  
Blogger damo said...

they change the ending, the directors house will be burnt down by angry comic nerds.
That's the best bit in the book (that and the vietnam war part).

you be right about odd-numbered treks being crap - but it is still trek.


think i need to lie down now

12/08/2008 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home